Statement of Faith
(with Scripture links)
Shalom to all
We are a Bible-based God-centered Messianic family, accepting the absolute supremacy of God1 the Father and His risen Son, Yeshua (Jesus)2 the Messiah. We accept the Bible as His inspired Word,3 where He tells us His name is YHVH.4 The Bible declares His omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent character as creator of the Heavens and the Earth.5 His jewel within creation was making humankind in His perfect image and likeness,6 reflected through the perfection and likeness of His Son Yeshua,7 who would draw all humanity to Himself in unison with each other and with His Father to be an eternal family. Humanity was created for this purpose, the very meaning of life.
Thus, humankind’s responsibility has always been to respond to the holiness deep within the moral conscience of our being; to listen to the still small voice and respond submissively.8 To ignore this holiness within us is what is known as sin, a self-willed disobedience, which moves us away from God’s vision for His holy family. Furthermore, this results in a breakdown of society which becomes a lawless global family, collectively and individually. The function of society is to create and maintain a structure of government based on the righteousness of YHVH’s laws,9 which prevent chaos and hostility towards others, and through which all humankind might experience love, joy and holiness during their physical lives.
Obedience to His lawful instructions,10 regulations and teachings result in eternal life, not death. Because YHVH knows people’s evil inclination to sin, He has established a number of permanent covenants designed to restore all peoples back to Himself, to live rich and full lives. This is the promise of our creator, the Father of eternal life. YHVH’s first covenant was established with Adam,11 the first of humankind and secondly with Noah12 after the great Flood.
The third covenant was with Abraham13 and his sons Isaac and Jacob. Jacob was renamed Israel14 by YHVH because it would be through him (Israel) that all humankind would be restored to YHVH’s family. Biblical records show YHVH redeeming His people Israel from slavery and establishing a fourth covenant with them at Mt Sinai,15 taking them as His people who promised to listen to Him and follow His Laws16 as an example and light to the nations17 throughout the world, sharing YHVH’s goodness18 and perfect holy plan.19
YHVH’s final Covenant20 of Salvation was enacted through Yeshua who fulfilled Israel’s failed function as a light to the nations; and through His death and sanctification for sin. He was resurrected to begin the restoration of YHVH’s kingdom where He, Yeshua, will reign as the Messianic King of Israel. All of this was declared by the prophets, that this Messianic King would return as the Father’s promise to Israel and all the families of the world.
When He was on Earth, Messiah Yeshua was the light to a world of sinful people through His absolute obedience to Torah Law given at Mt. Sinai. He taught others to follow His example through the action of the Holy Spirit, which would write the Torah in their minds and on their hearts.
We accept that YHVH’s Torah is truth and contains foundational wisdom and knowledge which directly influences all Scripture in understanding the character of YHVH God and the behaviour He expects from humankind and why Torah would never be abolished until its purpose and function for humankind is complete within Himself, Yeshua and His family.
We accept that YHVH God is building His Messianic community throughout the World as His One Body, both Jews and Gentiles who become a living testimony for Messiah Yeshua.
[Copyright © 2019-2020 Natan. All Rights Reserved]
Full Scriptural References below
Statement of Faith Scripture Verses
(CJB) (Complete Jewish Bible). Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern.
(NKJV) New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.
(TLV) Tree of Life Version. Copyright © 2015 by The Messianic Jewish Family Bible Society
- Isaiah 45:5-6 (CJB) I am Adonai [Yahweh]; there is no other; besides me there is no God. I am arming you, although you don’t know me, so that those from the east and those from the west will know that there is none besides me — I am [Yahweh]; there is no other.
- Matthew 28:5-6 (CJB) But the angel said to the women, “Don’t be afraid. I know you are looking for Yeshua, who was executed on the stake. He is not here, because he has been raised — just as he said! Come and look at the place where he lay. …
1 Cor. 15:20 (CJB) But the fact is that the Messiah has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have died.
- 2 Tim. 3:16-17 (CJB) All Scripture is God-breathed and is valuable for teaching the truth, convicting of sin, correcting faults and training in right living; thus anyone who belongs to God may be fully equipped for every good work.
- Exodus 3:15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Isra’el: ‘Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Yahweh], the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever; this is how I am to be remembered generation after generation.
- Gen 1:1 (CJB) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. …
Job 12:7-10 (CJB) But now ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the sky and they will tell you, or speak to the earth and it will teach you, or the fish of the sea and they will inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of Adonai has done this? In His hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all the human race.
- Gen 1:26-28 (CJB) Then God said, “Let us make humankind in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth.” So God created humankind in his own image; in the image of God he created him: male and female he created them. God blessed them: God said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air and every living creature that crawls on the earth.”
- 1:1-22 (CJB) Also, he has put all things under his feet and made him head over everything for the Messianic Community, … John 17:21 that they may all be one. Just as you, Father, are united with me and I with you, I pray that they may be united with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. … John 12:32 As for me, when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself. … John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed.
- 6:1-9 (NKJB) “Now this is the commandment, and these are the statutes and judgments which the Lord your God has commanded to teach you, that you may observe them in the land which you are crossing over to possess, that you may fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. Therefore hear, O Israel, and be careful to observe it, that it may be well with you, and that you may multiply greatly as the Lord God of your fathers has promised you—‘a land flowing with milk and honey. Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” … Matthew 22:35-40 (NKJB) Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him [Yeshua] a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus [Yeshua] said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
- Exodus 20:1-16 (TLV) Then God spoke all these words saying, 2 “I am Adonai [Yahweh] your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 “You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 Do not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or on the earth below or in the water under the earth. 5 Do not bow down to them, do not let anyone make you serve them. For I, Adonai [Yahweh] your God, am a jealous God, bringing the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing lovingkindness to the thousands of generations of those who love Me and keep My mitzvot [instructions and teachings]. 7 “You must not take the Name of Adonai [Yahweh] your God in vain, for Adonai [Yahweh] will not hold him guiltless that takes His Name in vain. 8 “Remember Yom Shabbat [the Sabbath Day], to keep it holy. 9 You are to work six days, and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Shabbat to Adonai [Yahweh] your God. In it you shall not do any work—not you, nor your son, your daughter, your male servant, your female servant, your cattle, nor the outsider that is within your gates. 11 For in six days Adonai [Yahweh] made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Thus Adonai [Yahweh] blessed Yom Shabbat, and made it holy. 12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long upon the land which Adonai [Yahweh] your God is giving you. 13 “Do not murder. 14 “Do not commit adultery. 15 “Do not steal. 16 “Do not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- 28:1 (CJB) If you listen closely to what Adonai your God says, observing and obeying all his mitzvot which I am giving you today, Adonai your God will raise you high above all the nations on earth; Psalms 11:9 (CJB) The wicked walk round about: according to thy highness, thou hast multiplied the children of men.
John 14:15 If you love me, you will keep my commands; John 10:27-28 (CJB) My sheep listen to my voice, I recognize them, they follow me, and I give them eternal life. They will absolutely never be destroyed, and no one will snatch them from my hands.
Proverbs 11:30 (CJB) The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who is wise wins souls. 1 John 5:13 (CJB) I have written you these things so that you may know that you have eternal life — you who keep trusting in the person and power of the Son of God.
- Genesis 1:26-31 Then God said, “Let us make humankind in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth.” So God created humankind in his own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them: God said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air and every living creature that crawls on the earth.” Then God said, “Here! Throughout the whole earth I am giving you as food every seed-bearing plant and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. And to every wild animal, bird in the air and creature crawling on the earth, in which there is a living soul, I am giving as food every kind of green plant.” And that is how it was. 31 God saw everything that he had made, and indeed it was very good. So there was evening, and there was morning, a sixth day. Genesis 2:16-17 Adonai, God, gave the person this order: “You may freely eat from every tree in the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. You are not to eat from it, because on the day that you eat from it, it will become certain that you will die.
12 Genesis 9:9-19 (NKJV) 9 “And as for Me, behold, I establish My covenant with you and with your (lit. seed) descendants after you, 10 and with every living creature that is with you: the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ark, every beast of the earth. 11 Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” 12 And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17 And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.” 18 Now the sons of Noah who went out of the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And Ham was the father of Canaan. 19 These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.
13 Genesis 17:1-11 (TLV) When Abram was 99 years old, Adonai appeared to Abram, and He said to him, “I am El Shaddai. Continually walk before Me and you will be blameless. 2 My heart’s desire is to make My covenant between Me and you, and then I will multiply you exceedingly much.” 3 Abram fell on his face, and God spoke with him, saying, 4 “For My part, because My covenant is with you, you will be the father of a multitude of nations. 5 No longer will your name be Abram, but your name will be Abraham, because I make you the father of a multitude of nations. 6 Yes, I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings will come forth from you. 7 Yes, I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your seed after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, in order to be your God and your seed’s God after you. 8 I will give to you and to your seed after you the land where you are an outsider—the whole land of Canaan—as an everlasting possession, and I will be their God.” 9 God also said to Abraham, “As for you, My covenant you must keep, you and your seed after you throughout their generations. 10 This is My covenant that you must keep between Me and you and your seed after you: all your males must be circumcised. 11 You must be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and this will become a sign of the covenant between Me and you. Exodus 3:15-16 (TLV) 15 God also said to Moses: “You are to say to Bnei-Yisrael [lit. Children of Israel], Adonai, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and the Name by which I should be remembered from generation to generation. 16 “Go now, gather the elders of Israel together, and say to them: ‘Adonai, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—has appeared to me, saying, I have been paying close attention to you and have seen what is done to you in Egypt.
Acts 7:32 (TLV) ‘I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob.’ “Moses trembled in fear and did not dare to look. Acts 3:12-13 (TLV) But when Peter saw, he responded to the people, “Men of Israel, why are you amazed at this? Why do you stare at us—as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? The God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His Servant Yeshua—the One you handed over and disowned before Pilate, though he had decided to release Him. Acts 3:22 (TLV) Moses said, ‘Adonai your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from among your brothers. Hear and obey Him in all that He shall say to you.
Acts 3:25 (TLV) You are the sons of the prophets and also of the covenant that God cut with your fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘In your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.’ Matthew 22:31-32 (TLV) But concerning the resurrection of the dead, haven’t you read what was spoken to you by God, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead, but of the living!”
14 Genesis 32:26-28 (TLV) 26 When He saw that He had not overcome him, He struck the socket of his hip, so He dislocated the socket of Jacob’s hip when He wrestled with him. 27 Then He said, “Let Me go, for the dawn has broken.” But he said, “I won’t let You go unless You bless me.” 28 Then He said to him, “What is your name?” “Jacob,” he said.
15 Exodus 19:7-8 (TLV) 7 So Moses went, called for the elders of the people, and put before them all these words that Adonai had commanded him. 8 All the people answered together and said, “Everything that Adonai has spoken, we will do.” Then Moses reported the words of the people to Adonai.
16 Exodus 20:1-17 (See Ref.9)
17 Isaiah 49:6 (CJB), So He says, “It is too trifling a thing that You should be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and restore the preserved ones of Israel. So I will give You as a light for the nations, that You should be My salvation to the end of the earth.”
Isaiah 42:5-6 (CJB), “Thus says God, Adonai, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it, and Ruach to those who walk in it— 6 “I, Adonai, called You in righteousness, I will take hold of Your hand, I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, as a light to the nations,” Isaiah 52:10 (CJB), Adonai has bared His holy arm before the eyes of all the nations. All the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.
John 8:12 (CJB), Yeshua spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. The one who follows Me will no longer walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Acts 13:47 (CJB), For so the Lord has commanded us, ‘I have placed you as a light to the nations, so that you may bring salvation to the end of the earth.’
18 Psalm 31:19-20, Let the lying lips be mute. For they speak arrogantly against the righteous, with pride and contempt. 20 How great is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You, which You have given to those who take refuge in You, before the children of men. Psalm 34:8 (CJB), The angel of Adonai encamps around those who fear Him, and delivers them. Psalm 100:5 (CJB), For Adonai is good. His lovingkindness endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations.
1 Chronicles 16:34 (CJB), Give thanks to Adonai for He is good, for His mercy endures forever. James 1:17 (CJB), Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
Romans 8:28 (CJB), Now we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 12:2 (CJB), Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.
19 2 Peter 3:9 (CJB), The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some people think of slowness; on the contrary, he is patient with you; for it is not his purpose that anyone should be destroyed, but that everyone should turn from his sins.
Deuteronomy 8:6 (CJB), So obey the mitzvot of Adonai your God, living as he directs and fearing him. Jeremiah 29:11-13 (CJB), 11 For I know what plans I have in mind for you,’ says Adonai, ‘plans for well-being, not for bad things; so that you can have hope and a future. 12 When you call to me and pray to me, I will listen to you. 13 When you seek me, you will find me, provided you seek for me wholeheartedly;
Jeremiah 31:31-34 (CJB), 31(32) It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers on the day I took them by their hand and brought them out of the land of Egypt; because they, for their part, violated my covenant, even though I, for my part, was a husband to them,” says Adonai. 32(33) “For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Isra’el after those days,” says Adonai: “I will put my Torah within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 33(34) No longer will any of them teach his fellow community member or his brother, ‘Know Adonai’; for all will know me, from the least of them to the greatest; because I will forgive their wickedness and remember their sins no more.” Psalm 3:8 (CJB), 8(7) Rise up, Adonai! Save me, my God! For you slap all my enemies in the face, you smash the teeth of the wicked. Ephesians 1:18 (CJB), I pray that he will give light to the eyes of your hearts, so that you will understand the hope to which he has called you, what rich glories there are in the inheritance he has promised his people, Ephesians 2:14-16 (TLV), 14 For He is our shalom, the One who made the two into one and broke down the middle wall of separation. Within His flesh He made powerless the hostility— 15 the law code of mitzvot contained in regulations. He did this in order to create within Himself one new man from the two groups, making shalom [peace], 16 and to reconcile both to God in one body through the cross—by which He put the hostility to death.
20 Matthew 26:26-30 (TLV) 26 While they were eating, Yeshua took a piece of matzah, made the b’rakhah [blessing], broke it, gave it to the talmidim [disciples] and said, “Take! Eat! This is my body!” 27 Also he took a cup of wine, made the b’rakhah [blessing], and gave it to them, saying, “All of you, drink from it! 28 For this is my blood, which ratifies the New Covenant, my blood shed on behalf of many, so that they may have their sins forgiven. 29 I tell you, I will not drink this ‘fruit of the vine’ again until the day I drink new wine with you in my Father’s Kingdom.” 30 After singing the Hallel [hymn], they went out to the Mount of Olives. Isaiah 60:1-3 (CJB) 1 “Arise, shine [Jerusalem], for your light has come, the glory of Adonai has risen over you. 2 For although darkness covers the earth and thick darkness the peoples; on you Adonai will rise; over you will be seen his glory. 3 Nations will go toward your light and kings toward your shining splendor. Isaiah 61:1-4 (CJB) 1 The Spirit of Adonai Elohim is upon me, because Adonai has anointed me to announce good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the broken-hearted; to proclaim freedom to the captives, to let out into light those bound in the dark; 2 to proclaim the year of the favor of Adonai and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, 3 yes, provide for those in Zion who mourn, giving them garlands instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, a cloak of praise instead of a heavy spirit, so that they will be called oaks of righteousness planted by Adonai, in which he takes pride. 4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins, restore sites long destroyed; they will renew the ruined cities, destroyed many generations ago.
Luke 4:17-19 (TLV) 17 When the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him, He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, 18 “The Ruach Adonai [Spirit of the Lord] is on me, because He has anointed me
to proclaim Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free the oppressed, 19 and to proclaim the year of Adonai’s favor.” Isaiah 2:2-5 (TLV) 2 It will come to pass in the last days that the mountain of Adonai’s House will stand firm as head of the mountains and will be exalted above the hills. So all nations will flow to it. 3 Then many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Adonai, to the House of the God of Jacob! Then He will teach us His ways, and we will walk in His paths.” For Torah will go forth from Zion and the word of Adonai from Jerusalem. 4 He will judge between the nations and decide for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning knives. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, nor will they learn war any more. 5 Come house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of Adonai.
John 1:5,7,9 (CJB) 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not suppressed it. 7 He came to be a testimony, to bear witness concerning the light; so that through him, everyone might put his trust in God and be faithful to him. 9 This was the true light, which gives light to everyone entering the world. John 3:18-19,21 (CJB) 18 Those who trust in him are not judged; those who do not trust have been judged already, in that they have not trusted in the one who is God’s only and unique Son. 19 “Now this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, but people loved the darkness rather than the light. Why? Because their actions were wicked. …21 But everyone who does what is true comes to the light, so that all may see that his actions are accomplished through God.”
John 8:12 (CJB) 12 Yeshua spoke to them again: “I am the light of the world; whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light which gives life.”