Worship and Study Program for this week:
Parsha 04:Vayera (He appeared)
Shabbat Shalom Everyone.
Welcome to this week’s Worship and Study Fellowship Online. Today we focus on Vayera (He appeared), which is the fourth, of 54 portions, which we read over 12 months. This week we focus on Abraham, Sarah, Ishmael, Isaac and Abraham’s nephew Lot. What an amazing story of the trials, successes and failures of this family in their efforts to follow the one true God.
Abraham and Sarah are visited by three of God’s Angels who promise Abraham that Sarah will have a son within a year. Then two of the angels set off to destroy the wicked cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham’s nephew Lot, his wife and two daughters are persuaded by the Angels to flee the city of Sodom. They escape at the last moment and head for the hills, but Lot’s wife is not entirely happy about it and looks back at the destruction. The nation of Moab begins with Lot’s two daughters.
Abraham settles in the region of Gerar and tricks the Abimelech king into believing that Sarah is his sister and not his wife. Isaac is born and circumcised on the eighth day. Sarah banishes Hagar and Ishmael, but God blesses them both with the promise that Ishmael will be the father of a great nation, who would be known down through the ages as the Arabs. The portion finishes up with Abraham and Isaac sacrificing to God.
Our program would not be the same if we didn’t include some inspiring worship songs and prayers to thank God for His amazing contribution in the lives of the Patriarchs, Judges, Kings, Prophets and all Disciples as they continue, through Your Word, to turn people away from sin and repent, so that they would blessed beyond measure, in this life and the next. This is why we always begin with the song Shabbat Shalom by Jonathan Settel, which is also sung today by a great number of God’s people worldwide.
1. Shabbat Songs for Praise and Worship. Enjoy!
(1.1) Shabbat Shalom – Jonathan Settel
(1.2) Let God Arise – Paul Wilbur
(1.3) Shouts of Joy – Paul Wilbur
(1.4) Zion – Aaron Shust
(1.5) Rejoice, O Israel! – Analyn Solano
2. MFO Prayers in Hebrew and English
These prayers are traditionally spoken out loud. Practice learning and saying these yourself.
The SHEMA, The AVINU prayer, The Blessing Over the Children
Take time out now to honour Yeshua HaMashiach and our Father in Heaven with your prayers.
[This video clips on this site have been chosen for study purposes and do not necessarily support the views of Messianic Fellowship Online]
3. News and Prayers for Israel
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
They shall prosper who love You Father and your holy city. As You say in Your Word, “For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, and for Jerusalem’s sake, I will not hold My peace, until her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
Oh, God, we pray for the peace of Jerusalem. We pray for the coming of the Prince of Peace – that You break down the walls and the barriers of hatred and of sin that separates brother from brother, and those who call upon Your name, that You would establish Your throne in this city – that You will come and take up Your place, the one that belongs to You alone – that You will establish Your righteousness and Your rule – that the Kingdom of God will cover the Earth, even as the waters cover the seas – and that the Name of the Holy One of Israel, Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Messiah, will be a banner and a shade and a comfort to all peoples who call upon Your Name in holiness. Maranatha, speed the day, even so, Yeshua come, take up Your throne and bring peace to this city and to this world.
(Inspired from Lyrics by Paul Wilbur)
Prayer Points for Israel and Jerusalem
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, it is YHVH’s city. (Psalm 122:6, 1 Kings 11:32, 2 Chr. 3:1; Rev. 21:2)
- Pray for the quick return of the lost 10 tribes of Israel, as well as the return of all Jewish persons, so Yeshua can return to Jerusalem as their King. (Jeremiah 50: 19-20)
- Pray blessings over God’s people in Israel, as they are our brothers and sisters of the same Olive Tree, upon which the Gentiles are grafted in. (Romans 11:17-24)
- Pray for world-wide support for Israel and the Jewish people in these difficult times, along with prayers to repel the adversary and all his efforts to destroy righteousness. (Ephesians 6:12)
- Pray that all Christians rebuke any who teach Replacement Theology, the notion that the Church has replaced Israel, and transferred the Abrahamic promises to the Church alone. (Genesis 15:18-21)
- Pray for the protection of the Land of Israel because it is the Promised Land given to Abraham and his descendants. (Joshua 1:2-6, Joshua 21:43)
- Pray for righteous leadership in Israel, that they submit to YHVH as an example for the people. (Proverbs 29:2, 2 Timothy 2:15, Hebrews 13:17)
- Pray that all of Israel become Torah observant in preparation for the return of Yeshua. (Jeremiah 31: 31-34, Matthew 5:17-20)
- Pray for the future messianic reign of Yeshua and the redemption of all mankind during that time. (Obadiah 1:17-21, Isa. 66:5, Rev 16:16)
- Pray for ministries in Israel and abroad, which teach about the Father and His Son, Yeshua the Messiah. (Gen 12:3, Romans 10:10-17, Romans 16:1)
Items of Interest from Israel
(3.1) How Israel became a leader in water use in the Middle East.
Special Addition this week: “We remember…”
(3.2) Marking 25 years since the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin
(3.3) Kristallnacht (The Night Of Broken Glass)
4. Opening Prayers for this weeks Parsha: Vayera
Opening TORAH Prayer: Blessed are You, Y’HoVaH our Elohim, King of all existence, who chose us from among all nations and who gave us your Torah. Blessed are You, Y’HoVaH who gives us the Torah. AMEN
(Jeremiah 31:31-34) “Behold, the days are coming,” says Y’HoVaH, “when I will make a Renewed Covenant with the house of Isra’el and with the house of Y’hudah (Judah), 32“not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” says Y’HoVaH. 33 “But this is the Covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” says Y’HoVaH, “I will put My Torah within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No longer will any of them teach his fellow community member or his brother, [do you] ‘know Adonai’?; for all will know me, from the least of them to the greatest; because I will forgive their wickedness and remember their sins no more.”
(Isaiah 12:2-3) “See! Yah is my salvation; I am confident and unafraid; for Yah Y’HoVaH is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation!” Then you will joyfully draw water from the springs of salvation. “
(Psalm 3:8) Salvation belongs to Y’HoVaH; Your blessing be upon Your people.”
(Psalm 46:7) Y’HoVaH Almighty is with us; the Elohim of Jacob is our refuge.”
5. Study Resources
(5.1) Parsha in 60 seconds presents Vayera
(5.2) Overview: Genesis Chapter 12-50) -The Bible Project
7. QUESTION For This Week :
Parsha 04: Vayera
8. Extra Study Resources
(8.1) The Power of Abraham’s Influence – Aleph Beta
(8.2) 2 Hearts Beat As One – Harry’s Video Blog
(8.3) It’s not enough to look; one must also see – Laibl Wolf
9. MFO STUDY – CLOSING PRAYER: (Read out aloud):
“Blessed are You Adonai [YHVH], our Elohim, king of all existence Who has given us the Torah of the truth and everlasting life within us. Blessed are You Adonai [YHVH], Who give us the Torah. Amen.”
10. Inspirational Videos
(10.1) Jewish Kirt Schneider was locked up by his own family, only because he said I believe in Jesus!
11. Inspirational Songs and Music
(11.1) You Raise Me Up (and Concert Closing, live at the Slane Castle) -Celtic Woman
(11.2) Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) – Chris Tomlin
We trust that you have enjoyed this program for Shabbat and remember, if it’s too much for one or two sittings, please try to complete all the links at another time or day, before next Shabbat.
Shalom Aleichem: Peace be upon you on this Shabbat.
Natan and Hannah (Producers)